Changing Parameters

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Back to the Past

The Jetlag Issue – it’s much worse coming back than it it is going. I don’t even remember experiencing jetlag while I was in Japan, other than a few mornings when I woke up extra early -- but I’m an accomplished sleeper and was always able to fall back to sleep.

The jetlag on this end of the trip is terrible. My flight left Tokyo at 5:55 p.m. on Sunday and arrived in New York at 5:30 p.m. on Sunday. I actually went back in time. Turbulence kept me from sleeping through much of the flight, so I was dead tired. I fell asleep in the cab on the way home from the airport and thought I would go straight to bed. But then I met a friend for dinner, and I couldn’t stop talking. I was suddenly wired! So after dinner I went through my pictures while catching up on Nip/Tuck. By the time I finally got to bed, it was 2 a.m.

Nip/Tuck

And then I slept until 5:30 p.m. the next day. Oops.

So that had me all screwed up again. I took an Ambien at 10:00 last night and was asleep by midnight, but up at 5:00 a.m. and unable to get back to sleep. Now I’m barely able to keep my eyes open as I write this, and it’s only 1:30 p.m.! How will I get through the rest of the day!? I’m figuring it’ll take me until the end of the week to get back on track.

So, Colleen, you have this to look forward to!

1 Comments:

  • Ugh, not looking forward to the jet lag. Luckily, I timed my homecoming to coincide with Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home