Changing Parameters

Monday, April 04, 2011

I'm Not Panicking


OK, I'm panicking a little.

I stepped on the scale today. If you believe the scale, I have gained four pounds since last weigh-in. Four pounds.

Maybe. If each brownie I ate yesterday weighed a pound.

If I hadn't lost any weight, that might make sense.

But four pounds?

I'm praying that it's hormonal. I have been known to gain up to seven pounds during PMS. So four pounds wouldn't be shocking. But I'm on the pill. Continuously. No periods. No PMS. Not since November.

The pill. The pill, the pill, the pill. It's hard to ignore that most of my weight gain has occurred since November. How much of where I find myself now could be related to going on the pill?

But that's beside the point, right? It is what it is. I am where I am. There's no going back. Only forward. And if I had to choose between no more cramps, no more PMS, and no more crazies or being 15 pounds thinner... well, that's a tough one. But in the end, I think I'd choose the former.

In spite of the fact that I should not be getting my period, I have felt crampy and grumpy for a few days now. So if it means that I need to make a GYN appointment, I'd rather that than a four pound gain. Four pounds in less than a week. That puts me one pound over my starting weight.

But I'm not panicking. Not at all.

1 Comments:

  • I hate weighing in - have to do mine tomorrow and my last few weekends of cider and Irish chocolate is gonna catch up with me!!! Am hoping when I see my gain it will inspire me to get back into walking and lay off the junk food! next week will be better:)

    By Anonymous Tara, at 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home